Pages

Monday, February 20, 2017

Ladies Of Instaart Episode 18- Katie Wilson

I've been a fan of Katie for quite some time. Have you seen her art?? It's beautiful. So, of course, I was ecstatic when she said she agreed to do an interview with me.

Here is a little about Katie: Katie Wilson is an illustrator and designer who scribbles away in a little old house in beautiful New Zealand. Her illustrations are peaceful, but with a sense of whimsy. She enjoys grey days, gardening, and spending time with animals, both wild and tame. She has illustrated for greeting cards and books and has her own line of art prints and stationery called In My Backyard. 
I learned lots from her. I was very encouraged when she opened up about her struggle with style.
"This is something I'm struggling with at the moment," She said when I asked how she set out to find her style, "I'm trying lots of different media. I was solely using watercolors and now I'm starting to use other things like color pencil...I kind of feel like my style is all over the place." As a young illustrator, I take these words to heart. It's so refreshing to hear of an established artists struggle with the same things I do.
  
You can hear the rest of our conversation on both iTunes and SoundCloud.
Be sure to follow Kaite on Instagram at inmybackyardnz and you can see her website at www.inmybackyard.co.nz

Note: All art is Kaite's and was taken from her website with her permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment